Father Edward F.X. Kennedy, S.J., who served in parish and retreat work and education, died July 14 at Murray-Weigel Hall, the Jesuit health care center in the Bronx. He was 87. He was a parochial vicar at St. Michael's parish, the Bronx, 1996-1997, and a pastoral minister at Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Pelham Manor, 1994-1996, and Fordham University, 1992-1994. He was superior and director of retreats at Mount Manresa on Staten Island, 1979-1980. He taught at Fordham Prep, 1978-1979, and was a campus minister and assistant to the vice president at Fordham University's Lincoln Center campus, 1975-1976. He assisted at St. Margaret of Cortona parish in the Bronx, 1976-1979. Born in Long Branch, N.J., he grew up in Manhattan. He entered the Jesuits in 1939 at St. Andrew-on-Hudson, Poughkeepsie, and studied there and at West Baden College in Indiana and Woodstock College in Maryland. He professed vows in 1941 and was ordained to the priesthood at Woodstock in 1952. He taught at Regis High School, 1954-1955 and previously while studying for priesthood. From 1958 to 1964 he taught and was head of the theology department at Fordham University. He then was director of development at Fordham. He was assistant director, then director, of the Catholic Medical Mission Board, 1964-1967. He was director of the business office at America Press, 1967-1972. He also served on Long Island, in Auriesville and in Buffalo, where he taught at Canisius College. He returned to Fordham in 1999 and entered Murray-Weigel this year. A Funeral Mass was celebrated July 24 at Fordham University Church. Burial was in the Jesuit Cemetery at Auriesville.