Sister Brian Hoar, F.S.P., who was an educator and later served in health ministries, died June 12 at St. Cabrini Home in Dobbs Ferry. She was 84. She was a patient advocate at St. Agnes Hospital, White Plains, 1993-1994; a mental health worker at Four Winds Hospital in Katonah, 1985-1992; and a substance abuse minister with the archdiocese, 1981-1985. At Ladycliff College she was director of admissions, 1968-1979, and a French teacher, 1967-1968. She taught at Our Lady Queen of Martyrs, Manhattan, 1954-1955; St. Teresa's, Tarrytown, 1953-1954; St. Patrick's, Verplanck, 1952-1953; and in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. She was prefect of the boys department at St. Joseph's Home in Peekskill, 1944-1949. Born in Bogota, N.J., she entered the Franciscan Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart in Peekskill in 1941 and professed final vows in 1948. She was part of the group of sisters who later formed a new congregation, the Franciscan Sisters of Peace. She held a bachelor's degree from Ladycliff College and a master's from Fordham University, both in French, and was certified in alcoholism counseling. She was predeceased by her 13 siblings, three of whom also were Franciscan Sisters. A Funeral Mass was celebrated June 15 at Marian Woods in Hartsdale, with burial at St. Mary's Cemetery in Yonkers.