Sister Judith Campbell, O.P., who was prin- cipal of Holy Cross School in Manhattan for 16 years, died Aug. 25 at St. Martin de Porres Community in Blauvelt. She was 89.
Sister Judith was at Holy Cross School as principal, 1970-1986, and as a teacher, 1958-1961. She taught in the Bronx at SS. Philip and James, 1966-1970; St. Luke’s, 1961-1966; and St. Benedict, 1952-1958.
She provided community service at the moth- erhouse, 2012-2013; was congregation archivist, 1988-2010; and served on the staff of Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Valhalla, 1986-2012.
Born in the Bronx, she entered the Dominican Sisters of Blauvelt in 1949 and professed final vows in 1954.
She earned a bachelor’s degree in education, and a master’s in religious studies from Ford- ham University, the Bronx.
A Funeral Mass was celebrated Aug. 31 at St. Dominic’s Convent, Blauvelt. Burial was in St. Dominic’s Cemetery